Monday, May 23, 2011

Yes, I'm a witch. And I'm proud of it!

Not much to say today. Been rather lethargic and depressed the past couple of days. Things like this happen to me. But I think I might introduce myself a bit more in this post.

I was born on a Friday at exactly 5:30 in the evening. It was the Day of the Dead, which giving when I was born, explains a lot about my own personality. I was born into a Methodist family with several great uncles who were pastors, one of them only alive today. I grew up without a father, but not because I was unwanted. My father had sadly passed away when I was about two years old. So with that, I was raised by my mother, but had a grandfather and two local uncles who helped fill in the father figure gap in their own distinct ways.

I had a rather rough childhood, socially wise. I never really had many friends, and was consistently kept inside during recess because I never did my homework. Through out my school career I never did my homework because, as I realize now, I learn best through my own experiences, not through the experiences of others. I also like to learn things at my own pace and when I'm interested in it. Now that doesn't mean I'm unaware of my lack of discipline. On the contrary, I do. Which is why I thought the best way to keep me focused on something on a daily basis is making a blog. If I can get it so that I can make myself post EVERY day, even if I don't want to, I thoroughly believe that I will be able to get myself to do other things, but I know I'm rather aloof about my priorities and need some structure in my life.

I am pagan and I am proud to be so. I've always believed in more than one god, even when all I knew was Christianity. I remember when I was really little that one day I had looked out my window in some kind of innocent contemplation. I had pointed to the sky and said, "God is up in the sky," then pointed down to the Earth below me, "and his wife, our Mother, is the Earth." It wasn't until years later, in the begin of my legal years, did I realize that what I believed was one of the fundamental beliefs in paganism. The duality of the Divine. So in that, I pursued my spiritual path.

As you have noticed by now, I do practice witchcraft, or mysticism. But I'm not evil, nor do I worship the Devil/Satan (you'd first have to be Christian to believe in them, and I'm not). And it is my belief that everyone, to some degree, has practiced magic. It is to have influence over energies and to change them. If you ever pictured in your mind something that you really wanted, and you ended up getting, then you've practiced magic.

I know you probably think it's taboo to share your beliefs, but I'm not trying to convert you or anything like that. I just want to share who I am, and being pagan, being a witch, is who I am. Plus if I'm going to be talking about philosophical and spiritual ideas, I think it's important for you to know where I come from.

Trust me when I say, I've tried many different faiths and not fit me as much as what I believe now. It's kind of frustrating that many faiths have you working toward divinity, when I believe you are already divine. Each and everyone of you. And not just you and everyone, but everything. This is what I've learned from walking my path. The divine is everywhere. God is everywhere.

I do use the term God, even if I am pagan. It makes it easier for mt explain things to some people, but also to me, the God and the Goddess are two halves of a whole. I use it interchangeably with the Divine and with love. Because God is love. God is the divine. And if we are divine, then we are God and God is everywhere.

But now I'm guessing I'm being preaching, which I promised myself I wouldn't do. I just wanted to let you know that this is where I come from.

Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment