Monday, May 30, 2011

Six Breasted Dream

I had a dream last night of myself getting a few new piercing. One in my nose, one in my lip, one in my navel and six nipple piercings. You read right. SIX. Not three on each one mind you. In the dream I had six breasts. my friend and roommate was in the dream and thought all my piercings were awesome.

I told my friend and she told me to go look up more information.

So I did and found out that there is a temple in Ephesus that dates back to the bronze age. This temple is famously known as the Temple of Artemis, or the Temple of Diana. There is a statue inside of a multi-breasted goddess. She is also highly associated with the mother goddess, which makes more since.

I did more research and found that these were mistaken as breasts, but are just pieces of her necklace or dress.

I found another goddess who is said to have multiple breasts: the Inca goddess Mama Allpa. She a fertility goddess.


"The harvest and earth goddess from Inca mythology. She was usually portrayed with many breasts, which indicates fertility and the nourishing powers of the earth." "Mama Allpa." Encyclopedia Mythica from Encyclopedia Mythica Online. <http://www.pantheon.org/articles/m/mama_allpa.html> [Accessed May 29, 2011].

In my deity book, she is comparable to Mama Nono, a Carib earth goddess, as well as Artemis and Ishtar.

I'm going to have to do more research in a library on Mama Allpa. I'll try possibly Tuesday.

1 comment: